Thursday, May 21, 2009

drew-isms

A's = letters. also in this category is "RT" and her latest, "W". if she sees letters or typing, she use to only call them all A's. now, though, when she wants mommy to write, she asks for "RT". today i overheard her "reading" a sign to herself..."R,T,W..." she is, however, learning to sing her ABCs and is doing a wonderful job. i love it!

hold you = hold me. she does not say "hold me" or "pick me up", or even "up" it's only ever, "hold you" usually followed immediately by "mommy". "hold you, mommy" is one of my favorite phrases.

for the fruits: manna=banana (she use to say banana, but no more). strawbees= strawberries. she loves to say melon & most words with L. we use melon for cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew...all of it.

when she passes gas, she says, "booty" to which we've taught her to add, "'scuse me". when she hears someone else pass gas, she does the same.

her favorite songs:
jesus loves me. it sounds a bit like, "sheshush love me, s i know. for bible me so..."
she emphasizes the words "for" & "bible". it's perfect.
ABCs. she first started singing this the way it's sung on Super Why by Pig. a very snappy tune, which she seems to prefer over the traditional. we still sing both versions, though. it would feel almost blasphemous not to.
ring around the rosie. both a song & a game, really. she loves it! her version: ring round rosie, pocket posies, ashes, ashes, all fall down. who needs the other words? many times, it's just ashes, ashes, all fall down. and, when things drop or fall, it's "uh-oh, fall down".

cowell = owl and also cow, and sometimes our neighbor, kyle. here again, she use to say both animal words just fine, but has abandoned them to this. it started a few weeks ago when she was trying to say "kyle" and it came out "cowell". cute, right? but now, she really won't say owl or cow properly. hmmm?

she still uses some of her sign language, mostly the sign for please, which has become a quick swipe across the chest or tummy. sometimes she even swipes both hands at the same time, one on each side...but, it's more of a 4-finger swipe than a whole hand. she also likes to sign "hot" and "all gone/finished".

that reminded me, she says "inished" and "inger" instead of finished or finger. but, she will say fish & fall. hmmm, again?

she calls my parents mamaw & papaw and calls topher's mom Grammy. yesterday, she was talking about all of them & put two of them together & said grammaw. she calls uncle lamar "mar" but she can say tyler & jill's names quite well.

well, there are many more, but those were on my mind. if you're reading this, chances are you don't get to see drew as much as you'd like, so that helps you imagine what her personality is like. she has a precious little voice. and, i don't even mind when she smacks her food...go figure.

2 comments:

Team Seghs said...

Someone made on Sydney Tune Chambers blog which took me to that girls blog and from there I saw a link which brought me to yours. Drew's "Grammy" and my mom are friends. I went to HS with Topher. Allison Rosenberry Seghers is my name. You have a precious little one : )

Team Seghs said...

....I meant to write "someone made a comment on Sydneys blog"....