Thursday, April 23, 2009

more like chronicles of leya...

hey, everybody. i got an email from my Mamaw Lou (mom's mom) saying she checked on our blog this week & that she can't believe how much drew is growing. turns out someone actually does read this from time to time, so i guess i better post an update, especially since drew's grown even more in the last 2 months! again, somehow i seem to be keeping with my every-other-month trend.


well, at the end of february, my precious Mamaw Nelda (dad's mom) went to be with Jesus. it was a surprise to us and was, of course, an emotionally challenging experience. i went to spend 6 days with family in arkansas, while leaving drew & topher at home, so that added to my grief a little, too. it's always good to be reunited with loved ones, it's just hard under such circumstances. God used the time, though, to draw us closer together. i can't describe how blessed i am to have those hours with my grandad, especially. he told me story after story about his life & his journey with the Lord & i absolutely hung on every word. i did get a few pics. hope that's not too wierd. here's my adorable grandad, Papaw Freeman...me & my "bubba" Jon...and my gorgeous youngest cousin Barbara, whose middle name is Fay, after our Mamaw Nelda Fay.

when i got home, my precious baby & husband had painted a huge banner to welcome me!

notice how drew's covering her face. that's what she did for a while anytime someone tried to take her picture.

part of my problem is that i haven't taken many pictures since this. i do have a couple of our visit with uncle lamar, aunt jill & cousin tyler, so i'll post them next. honestly, i didn't even get any of drew in her easter dress. what kind of mother am i?! i did get some of her hunting eggs, though & they're cute, so i'll share those too. and, rest assured i plan to get her back in that dress as soon as possible. she looked too cute not to show the world.

1 comment:

LynnAnn said...

Dude. Some of us have google reader and therefore check your blog immediately upon updation(made that word up just now . . .). And I vote for you to post more puh-leez.
LOVE YOU!